|1.||Secretary to the Govt. of India, Ministry of Environment and Forests .||Chairman|
|2||Executive Member, NCA .||Member|
|3.||Vice-Chairman, Narmada Valley Development Authority, GOMP.||Member|
|4.||Secretary(Env.) GOM .||Member|
|5.||Secretary (R&R), Narmada Development Department, GOG.||Member|
|6.||Secretary,Env. Department, GOR||Member|
|7.||Commissioner (PP), MOWR .||Member|
|8.||Deputy Director General, ICAR .||Member|
|9.||Deputy Inspector General, MOE&F .||Member|
|10.||Director, Wild life Institute, Dehradun||Member|
|11.||Dr. S. Ramaseshan, Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.||Member|
|12.||Director General, Anthropological Survey of India.||Member|
|13.||Dr. Shekhar Singh, Member Faculty , IIPA. New Delhi.||Member|
|14.||Dr. R. K. Katti, Professor (Retd.) I.I.T., Mumbai.||Member|
|15.||Director General, Archaeological Survey of India.||Member|
|16.||Director General, ICMR||Member|
|17.||Expert of Flora .||Member|
|18.||Member (E&R), NCA||Member- Secretary|
- To work out the environmental safeguard measures to be planned and implemented for the entire Narmada Basin so that environmental safeguard measures are executed and remain fully in consonance with the clearance accorded to the Narmada Sagar and Sardar Sarovar Projects.
- To determine the terms of reference of required surveys and studies necessary for implementation of environmental safeguard measures inclusive of data base required, the methods by which the data base is to be prepared and also to identify the institutions/individuals to undertake the preparation of such documents.
- To prepare – for clearance by the Ministries and NCA – the action plans with regard to all environmental safeguard measures and the assessment criteria thereof.
- To devise a suitable monitoring and evaluation mechanism so that the action plans are effectively implemented in consonance with stipulations at the time of clearance of the projects.
- To assess the necessary organization with management capability being set up for adequate implementation of environmental safeguard measures.
- To undertake all measures necessary to assist Narmada Control Authority in the planning and implementation of environmental safeguard measures.
Last updated on : 8th, September 2017